Thursday, May 30
“You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, His generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus.”
Philippians 4:19 (MSG)
You can’t outdo the generosity of Jesus! What an incredibly encouraging truth. As you consider what you will generously and sacrificially sow into our annual Provision for the House offering this weekend, it is important that we fix our eyes on Jesus. No doubt, how we see Jesus will have great impact on how we individually contribute to what we collectively believe God will do this weekend.
In Matthew 16, Jesus is talking with the disciples and He points out that people saw Him so many different ways. Some people said he was John the Baptist. Others were convinced he was Elijah, Jeremiah, or one of the other prophets from the Old Testament. The Pharisees and Sadducees thought him to be demon possessed. King Herod feared he was a political dissident. Pilate said he was innocent. But back to Matthew 16… Jesus wasn’t happy with knowing what everybody else thought about Him. He dug a little deeper that day and the questions he asked next are of great importance for us today: “But what about you? Who do YOU say that I am?”
So how about you? How do you see Jesus? As we prepare to sow sacrificially and partner together so that we may position Wave church—our church—for strength let us not focus on stock markets, the speculations of varied news sources, or the uncertainties of tomorrow. Instead, let us focus on Jesus.
What does the Bible say about Jesus?
· He desires to give us a rich and satisfying life (John 10:10)
· He is a Good Shepherd (John 10:11)
· Everything starts and ends with Him (Revelation 22:13)
· He is there when we need Him (Hebrews 4:16)
· He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:18)
· He equips you to do ALL things (Philippians 4:13)
· He is aware of your needs (Matthew 5:25-34)
· He is praying for your protection and provision (John 17:15)
· He won’t leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5,6)
Think About It:
· Think about a time in your life when you stepped out in faith. How did Jesus provide for you?
· Jesus’ heart is that you would live a blessed life, lacking no good thing (James 1:4)! What is holding you back from wholly trusting in Jesus’ goodness and faithfulness as a provider for your own needs as our church sacrificially sows into the Provision for the House Offering this weekend?
· What are you believing for? Take a moment and partner in prayer with somebody for those very things today.